My intent is to provide verbal cues for folks who are already somewhat familiar with Sun Salutation but have not internalized one of the several possible sequences. This sequence tends to be called Sun Salutation A, though that is not a hard and fast name, as there are variations on each of the three salutation sequences.
The stick figures are based upon How to Draw Yoga Stick Figures by Mikelle Terson ofYogablossom. I recommend her spiral bound laminated Asana Learning Deck for anyone wanting a reference for yoga poses. The background music is a remix of Nina Simone’s Here Comes the Sun.
Now that I see how the movie exports and plays back, next time the music can be louder and the names of poses written with a darker transparency.
Here are some initial tips for using Explain Everything. If you have other tips or suggestions, either for using Explain Everything or for helping me to improve my process and movies, I hope you will please share them in a comment. Thanks!
- Make a script. And for those who like to be even more organized, make a storyboard. My storyboard came from a picture of the sun salutation asanas.
- Build a library of images that can easily be reused. I drew the images in Explain Everything and then played the movie by holding down the Play button and choosing the button just above it to play the presentation in full screen. As the presentation played, I took a screen shot of each slide. First time round, the images were already in Explain Everything, and now I have a growing library of yoga poses for use in future movies.
- Place all text and graphics on slides piror to recording.
- If you go back to a edit a slide, be aware that the new information will be appended to the end of that slide! It is not currently possible to make a change to an existing portion of a slide.
- Practice your narrative prior to recording.
- Have fun!
An addition to Explain Everything that I would like to see is the ability to duplicate a slide or a graphic.
• Explain Everything
• Explain Everything Support
• pdf Guide to Explain Everything